Donate £1 on your bill today…

and give a gift that a will last a lifetime

“When I was blind I felt totally helpless. Now I can take care of my family again. Thank you!”

A campaign is underway, involving hundreds of leading Asian restaurants across the UK, which invites you to make a small donation to help restore sight to vulnerable poor people in Bangladesh.

At the end of your meal, a voluntary charge of £1 per table will be added to your bill (after service and VAT). You can easily opt out if you inform your table waiter that you do not wish to participate.

What is Vision Bangladesh?

Vision Bangladesh is a ground breaking partnership between BRAC and Sightsavers.

Our aim is to eradicate avoidable blindness in Sylhet by 2013 and across the whole of Bangladesh by 2020. We are already well on the way to achieving this ambitious task. Since January 2011, we have organised more than 21,000 successful cataract operations.

We need your help to continue our work and reach our target of performing 100,000 sight restoring operations in the division of Sylhet by 2013.

A simple 20 minute operation, costing only £20, can change a person’s life forever.

Donate £1 on your bill today – and give a gift that will last a lifetime.

Itihaas Restaurant proudly supports Vision Bangladesh.

About Sightsavers

Donate online at www.brac.net/visionbangladesh

Sightsavers Registered Charity Number/Reference:

England, Wales and Northern Ireland: 207544.
Scotland: SC038110
BRAC UK Registered Charity Number: 1115482

95% of the donations will go directly to deliver the Vision Bangladesh programme in Sylhet Division, Bangladesh. BRAC UK’s fundraising costs are covered by the remaining 5%.

Like this article?

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest

17-19 Eskbank Road, Dalkieth, EH22 1HD | 0131 663 9800
Monday – Thursday || 12pm-2pm || 5pm-10:30pm
Friday – Sunday || 12pm-2pm || 4:30pm-10:30pm
Closed Tuesday

17-19 Eskbank Road, Dalkieth, EH22 1HD
0131 663 9800

Monday – Thursday || 12pm-2pm || 5pm-10:30pm
Friday – Sunday || 12pm-2pm || 4:30pm-10:30pm
Closed Tuesday

Home

swipe left

EAT

swipe left or right

VISIT

swipe left or right

STORY

swipe right

Proud to serve our community

Established in 1997